Addresses cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, ophthalmological, dermatological, gastrointestinal, oncological, muscular, metabolic, endocrine, neonatal disorders and more.
Does My Animal Need An Internist?
When routine diagnostics have not revealed or resolved the animal’s issue, our expertise and diagnostic capabilities may provide valuable information.
Just like a human patient, your animal may have an issue best addressed by a specialist. A few of the common conditions we treat are listed below.
Although the majority of our patients are horses, our specialty encompasses the care of all of your beloved large animals. Ask us about your goat, sheep, cow, pig, llama, alpaca, or other exotic hoofstock.
- Neonates/congenital disorders
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Poor Performance
- Heart murmur/arrhythmia
- Weight Loss/Gain
- Metabolic/Hormone Imbalance
- Gastric Ulcers
- Chronic Colic/Digestive Disorders
- Infectious Disease
- Muscle Loss/Weakness/Tie-up
- Abnormal Gait/Behavior
- Skin/Hair loss
- Eyes/Corneal Ulcer
- Uveitis/Moon Blindness
- Organ dysfunction
- Urinary Tract
- Lab work: Some with same day results
- Digital X-ray
- Digital Ultrasound
- Video Endoscopy
- Nuclear Scintigraphy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- Underwater Treadmill
- On-site Farrier
How to Schedule an Appointment
- You or your veterinarian may call to discuss your horse’s needs and develop a plan with a board certified specialist in large animal internal medicine
- Gather all records including history, bloodwork, imaging, prior illness, treatments and any other pertinent information.
- Some work-ups may require time and patience. You have the option of staying for the appointment or of leaving your horse in our care for the day.
- Should an overnight stay or ongoing care be necessary, rest assured that your horse will be attended to around-the-clock by skilled and compassionate veterinary professionals.
- We are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week for urgent care. Please call to let us know you will be bringing an animal and the nature of your emergency.